Thursday 24 September 2009

Frog 1 - Mon Dieu Est Si Bon


Well, here I am - finally in France. Today is my first morning in my new apartment and I must confess that I like it a lot; but let's start at the beginning shall we?

For those of you who don't know, I'm going to be working in France for the next seven months, coming home only for Christmas and Easter (I think). I am now living in the north east of France, quite close to Germany and Luxembourg. I'm just 20km outside the city of Metz in a little town called Rombas. For those of you who know Emmanuel and/or Christine, I'm just about 5 minutes from each of them. Emmanuel lives in Clouange adn Christine in Amneville.

I arrived at about 2:30 and was picked up by Elodie, one of the English teachers at the school, and given a tour of everything. The school is huge and caters for people of quite a large age range. I think I'll be working with the older students.

My apartment is pretty big. I think that I'm going to be living with the German assistant. THe best part about my apartment though, is the fact that just about everything is here. I thought that I would have to buy a load of things but the previous assistants left loads of stuff for me to use! Like the title of this blog suggests - my God is so good.

In my apartment I have these unexpected pleasures: a washing machine, a coffee machine (!), a mini one person peculator (!!), bedding, 5 duvets, cutlery, crockery, a TV, two DVD players, comfy furniture, Wi-Fi, books all about being an English teaching assistant, slippers, bins, cleaning stuff, pots, pans, a lamp for my bedside table, a microwave, and two hypodermic needles. Ok, so I won't be needing the last two but it does drive me to think "just how bad is this place?"

Supermarkets are close by and so is everything else. Everything is within 10-15 minutes walking distance and there are numerous bus stops to go into Metz. I love this place already.

Sadly I'm a little lonely - missing all you lovely lovely people, but hey - what did you expect?

I've been invited out for dinner at one of the English teacher's houses tonight, which is fantastique to say the least. I know I'll get along just fine here - they're all as addicted to caffeine as I am, which is saying something!

Thank you for reading - enjoy your green and pleasant land!

P.S.V.
Here's a video that should make you smile - Police spending 9 hours playing Wii bowling.


No comments:

Post a Comment